Wearable devices like smartwatches, Fitbit, and Earbuds are some amazing devices that have taken the world by storm, taking the wearable app development market to new heights. However, there are some trends governing faster growth, which makes us look for the top trends of wearable app technology.
From tracking physical activities to improving your gaming experiences – wearables pose great potential to create a substantial place in the foreseeable future. In this blog, we will deep dive into the top trends of wearable technology and the importance of wearable app development services in various industries, worldwide.
Android Wearable Technology – Overview
In today’s world, wearable application development services is gaining high recognition, and it is here to stay for many years to come. Wearable technology, as the name suggests, is defined as the technology to create accessories worn on the body or implanted straight into the user’s body, or embedded in their clothing as technology fusion.
The most amazing feature of wearables is that they make hundreds of thousands of measurements each day. The user’s personal data gets monitored and measured upon their consent via powerful smart sensors and microchips installed in the wearable electronic device.
Therefore, Android Technology development is closely associated with the growth of mobile networks, high-speed data transfer, and miniaturized microprocessors. Above all, its connection to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular networks enhances the user experience for the wearable industry.
Additionally, tracking biometric data makes wearable technology access applications and provides feedback based on the processed information. Therefore, the Android app development company offering wearable technology has followed in the footsteps of IoT (Internet of Things).
Furthermore, wearable devices evolved into a major category of the IoT, with its numerous life-changing applications. But, one thing that differentiates wearables from IoT is that a corresponding wearable app works independently and gives users high flexibility.
The Importance of Wearable Technology
The world first got its wearable device with Apple Watch – an accessory that tells time was turned into a smart device, overnight. But many businesses still wonder why the world should care about wearables and wearable apps?
In simple words – to make the daily lives easier. The purpose of wearables was to provide permanent, portable, convenient, and in some instances, hands-free access to computers. This access, in turn, will offer huge benefits to people such as:
- Wearables help people track data better and thus contribute to maintaining and improving their health
- The devices make many tasks easy to complete such as contactless payments, navigation, and responding to text messages.
- Wearable technology is improving lives by motivating them to enroll in proactive healthcare and active living
- Technology has become a crucial part of our work and life. It helps improve productivity at the workplace and provide entertainment at home
- Wearable devices also allow gamification of personal achievements tracking and sharing – from workout completion and recovery from a condition to success in reducing weight or quitting smoking.
Benefits of Wearables in different industries
Smartwatches and Fitbits are not only the wearables that have gained popularity. Here are a few benefits of wearable devices in different industries like healthcare, gaming, and fashion.
Wearable Technologies in the Healthcare Industry
Post-pandemic, people are taking care of their health like never before. As a result, the healthcare industry has welcomed new tech innovations to safeguard people and improve their health.
Wearable devices also help in preventative care, diagnosis, treatment decision-making, and high-risk care management. Its ability to track fitness activity, evaluate sleep quality, and measure health rates like heart rate and blood oxygen level has made wearable devices more advanced. Today, there are many devices available in the market that is changing the healthcare industry for good, including:
- Wearable fitness trackers: Fitness-tracking smart bands and smart rings like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, Motiv, and more.
- Smart health watches: Smartwatches like Apple watches, Galaxy watches by Samsung, and Wear OS.
- Body-mounted sensors: Wearable ECG monitors, blood pressure monitors, biosensors that detect pulse rate, blood oxygen level, and glucose levels more help monitor biological data of patients for healthcare goals.
Wearable Technologies in the Gaming Industry
With the recent innovations made in the gaming world, wearable app development services provide haptic feedback to the body. Haptic vests, gloves, and suits make the gaming world look more realistic. Also, the Haptic actuators are ultra-thin which enables thrilling interactions with technology and new vivid tactile experiences.
- VR wearables: Virtual reality headsets were the first wearable devices launched in the gaming world. VR gaming headsets and goggles help players experience the game entirely. Therefore, the selection of these wearable VR gaming accessories is wide-enough to fit any budget.
- Haptic devices: Another innovation that wearables offer in the gaming industry is tactile feedback. While playing an online game, touch is engaged through the science of haptics. Video game controllers have also been using haptics for decades now. However, incorporating this technology into wearable devices is the next achievable milestone.
Also Read : Top Android App Development Company In India
Wearable Technologies in the Fashion Industry
Wearable smart devices have taken the fashion industry by its storm. Smart garments and accessories are now part of intelligent fashion. A mix of aesthetics and style with functional technology has made people choose wearable devices to innovate more and more.
Smart apparels like suits, pants, and other clothing accessories use unique fabric to adjust the temperature and enhance blood circulation.
Wearable Technology in Education
There are many positive areas of wearable technologies for the education sector. If you are owning a business manufacturing this wearable technology product, and want to offer it to educational institutions, then welcoming these products will benefit the students in a broader way. Also whenever students are gaining knowledge through virtual reality headsets and smart glasses, this will improve the way they are giving lectures to their students.
Also, teachers can initiate virtual tours to places that have some historical significance. Institutions with constraints of budgets can also afford this wearable technology which provides a level of vast dimensions of this education sector.
Wearable Technology in Public Service
This is one of the most prominent sectors in the public service domain. Wearable technology helps professionals to accomplish their daily tasks smoothly and simultaneously this will increase their ability to the next level. Wearable technologies such as smart glasses, and smartwatches send alert messages to the responders about the critical situation and provide in-depth insights into their general state.
One of the major use cases of this wearable technology is the body cameras that are worn by law enforcement officers. These secret body cameras have eventually proven their potential in jolting down officers’ course of action. This will provide them with some extra video evidence about the place, where the crime is committed.
Ongoing Wearable Technology Trends
If you are looking for more advancement in wearable technologies, this part will be an answer to your questions. Smartwatches, one of the prominent examples of wearable technologies, provide accurate yet diverse data such as sweat sensors for the purpose of updating you about the glucose level of the users.
- The use of wearable technology also tracks triggers that result in stress in the user’s psychological or physical health.
- Wearable technology is slowly spreading to different sectors and it is compatible with various payment getaways to ensure contactless payments. This will be a great utility for smartphone applications.
- Beacon technology in wearables is another significant concept that offers accurate and location-specific data. This also ensures promotions in targetted customer base profiles.
A Few Improvement Areas of Wearable Apps
Every technology has its own limitation and wearable technology is not an exception. Whenever, it comes to the accumulation of data sources, and showing actual data, the installation of IoT integration is required. Therefore, wearable app developers create seamless connectivity with a wider range of devices. This will ensure the passing of valuable information to the user.
Users might sometimes be not sure about adopting wearable app technologies because of data breaches. If the user misses out two-way authentication, this can be one often major worrying factor for ensuring wearable app safety. A few app safety actions that ensure data privacy are as follows:
- Ensure app privacy settings are up to date
- Keep the smart technologies on the guest network.
- Get connected to a group of clients with a specific SSID
Whenever you launch a wearable application in the market is one factor. Another important factor while releasing a wearable application is meeting the customer’s expectations in terms of their use of wearable applications. The wearable app development process is a bit more complex than normal android application development. If you trying to build an application with longer battery life, that is also a challenging scenario for wearable applications.
If your wearable app doesn’t stand out from the competition in terms of value and features, it’s unlikely that users will find it appealing. The next ten years will be a time of great revolutionary strides for developers working on wearable apps.
Wearable technology is growing fast-paced. Currently, it has everything technology needs to achieve success. Thanks to its multifold benefits which have helped businesses see the bright aspect of wearables. With the right combination of hardware and software, wearable devices will cater to the world’s evolving needs and demands, while improving their lives.
Do you have a wearable app idea? We are excited to hear about it. Write to us and our wearable app development team shall help your ideas get wings.
What are the challenges of developing a wearable device?
Some of the most common issues faced by Android app developers are:
- Undefined purpose
- UI challenges
- Portability issue
- Rapid app development
- Battery life
- Lack of API standards and protocols
However, when you hire android applications developer, he will overcome these challenges and develop a result-oriented wearable app.
What are the technologies used to develop a wearable device?
The list is countless but some of the famous technologies include Fitness Tracker, Smart Clothing, Smartwatches, Head-Mounted Displays, and so on.
How much time does it take to develop a wearable app?
It all depends on the features you wish to add to your wearable app. Other deciding factors include functionalities, complexities, resources available, budget, and more.