As mobile becomes that mainstay of online shopping, businesses of all types are increasingly embracing mobile apps to connect better with the buyers. Jewelry e-commerce industry is no exception as these apps are witnessing a growing demand in the present times. When you invest in jewelry shopping app development, there are a few things that you should have in mind before you start. Here is all that you need to know before going ahead.
How can a jewelry app empower your business?
Undoubtedly, investing in a mobile app opens new opportunities for any business because it serves more than one benefit. Here are a few that jewelry merchants can avail:
- It connects you with a wider clientele because mobile is the shopping channel where the customers are.
- Apps offer a safe and convenient shopping experience, which is the reason that shoppers prefer to buy jewelry through them.
- Beyond better shopping experiences, they enable businesses to know their customers better through powerful analytic functionalities.
- Apps assist you to engage the customers through personalized push notifications and in-app messages.
- They also serve as a powerful yet cost-effective branding tool for the business by providing visibility on the App Store.
Which platforms should you target with a jewelry app?
When it comes to choosing a viable platform for developing a mobile app for your jewelry business, it really depends on your audience base. Start with some initial research to understand the shoppers that access your website. Conduct a survey if needed. Based on your findings, engage an Android app development service provider if a majority of your customers are Android users. On the other hand, you can go for iPhone development if your client base frequents this platform. You can start with them and later add the other platform with time. Another option is to have a hybrid app that covers both platforms.
What are the features that the app should have?
Ideally, a jewelry app should have all the basic features of an e-commerce app but it should be a step ahead in terms of product display and payment security. Here are the features that you should look for in the app:
- A well-organized product catalog with simplified navigation and excellent search functionality
- High-quality product images and videos; you can even have AR/VR integration for better presentation
- Loyalty account to enable regular shoppers to avail special deals and discount offers
Customization of the product to enable the user to get an option to modify design, weight, gemstone etc.
- Integration of secure payment gateways to ensure safety in transactions as well as that for user information
- Reviews and Feedback features to get shoppers to share their experiences on the app
How to choose the right app development company?
Selling jewelry is all about trust, even more, when you are doing it online. So you cannot compromise with the quality of your app in anyway. The idea is to connect with the best application development partner with the right skill set and ample domain experience. Someone who has already worked on such apps will be in the best position to understand your needs and challenges and address them to create superlative app experiences for your customers.
Android Developer is a reputed name to hire Android app developers to create an app for your business. We specialize in this platform and can help you to capitalize on its strengths to develop apps that add true value to your business. Our aim is to drive excellence in mobile shopping experiences and facilitate better business operations. Share your requirements with us and we will bring an apt solution for your business.