The mobile app development industry has transformed dramatically over the past few years. Mobile apps are increasingly changing the way businesses operate. With more enterprises investing in mobile apps, the trend of apps-driven digitization will only grow in the coming time. The expanding app universe also prompts more intense competition for innovation. It demands the use of the most efficient programming language to stay ahead in the race.
Once you have finalized your mobile app idea, the first crucial step is to choose the right programming language. You choose the right one based on your specific requirements such as native or cross-platform app development. In this blog post, we will talk about some of the most advanced and dynamic mobile app development languages.
Kotlin is a statistically typed programming language used to develop modern Android applications. It is the best language for apps and has the potential to influence other programming languages as well like Java to build high-performing and robust apps. Some popular apps built by Kotlin App Development Company are Trello, Evernote, Coursera, and several more.
- Clean, crisp, and perceptive syntax boost team efficiency.
- Interoperable and adaptable and easily overrule the Java shortcomings.
- Has full support from Google and IDE’s installation packages.
- Generates compact, simple, and cleaner code as compared to JAVA.
Java is an official language for Android app development. With in-built open-source libraries, Java is easy to handle and offers the best community support. With a wide array of features, you can build the best cross-platform apps, games, server apps, Android apps, embedded space, websites, and several more.
- Popular for code reusability and portability.
- The code can run in different environments, browsers, and virtual machines.
- Safeguards against issues like memory leaks.
- Flexible, portable, and platform-independent language.
Swift is one of the most extensively used iOS app development languages. One important factor contributing to Swift’s popularity is Apple endorsement of the language as its preferred development platform. Swift is much faster than its predecessor Objective-C. Besides providing an incredibly rapid development platform, Swift also offers impressive scalability. One of the very few downsides of Swift is the limited availability of libraries and resources. It’s mainly because Swift is a comparatively new language.
- Swift is one of the most modern app development languages.
- It’s incredibly fast and powerful.
- Offers source and binary compatibility.
- Swift is interoperable with Objective-C
SQL is the abbreviation for Structured Query Language used to assess, communicate, and manipulate the standard database for most applications. It is designed to meet standards, both ANSI and ISO, and there is full support for both on a community and enterprise level. The relational data model and referential integrity between data, data query, and data manipulation are present. With well-defined standards, SQL is widely used in Android App Development Services as well as business intelligence tool platforms.
- Powerful and one of the most popular query languages.
- Optimized for a large number of table rows.
- Easily handle a large number of transactions.
- Fast to retrieve data, search, and data query from multiple tables.
- High availability and data consistency.
Are you looking to invest in web-fronted apps or location-based mobile apps? Then HTML5 is a perfect option for you. It is not a programming language but a top-rated markup language that uses tags to present the webpage content. The newest updates highlight remarkable features comprising media elements, multi-platform functionality for different programs, and fast market deployment.
- Compatible with all the browsers and new features.
- In-built capability to support rich media formats comprising audio and video.
- Loads faster using local storage or cache.
- Include CANVAS elements for embedding applications depending on geolocations, dynamic graphics, and animations.
- React Native has an excited community of developers backing it.
- It will further improve in the next few years.
- The perfect platform for cross-platform app development services.
Developing a feature-rich mobile app that stands a ruthless competition requires a strategic approach. It comprises a perfect mix of in-depth research, information-based planning, and the right development platform. At Android Developer, we have an experienced team of designers, developers, and tech experts to build the most suitable mobile app for your business. You can hire Android developers from us to build impeccable apps per your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Android OS used for?
Android is an operating system developed for mobile devices. It is mostly used for smartphones, majorly for Google’s own Google Pixel, as well as by other phone manufacturers including HTC and Samsung. It has also been used for tablets including Motorola Xoom and Amazon Kindle. A modified Linux kernel is used as Android’s kernel.
2. Which is the latest version of Android?
The Latest Version of Android is 10.0 and Google is planning to release Android 11 in the next Google event. The Android 10.0 initial version was released on September 3, 2019, on Google’s Pixel devices. The major change, which was observed, this version doesn’t have a dessert name or any other kind of name beyond the version number.
3. What does an Android app mean?
An Android app is a software application running on the Android platform. As the Android platform is designed for mobile devices, a typical Android app is designed particularly for the smart-phone or a tablet PC having Android OS.
4. What language is used for Android app development?
The official language for Android app development in Java. Most of the Android parts are written in Java and its APIs are designed primarily from Java. It is easy to develop using HTML5 and SQL programming language as well.