The demand and advent of mobile apps are rising rapidly. The present time appears more like an app age, with everything like shopping, booking a service, finding a location, and accessing information are all possible single-handedly.
Hence, there is no denying the fact that mobile application has become part and parcel of our life. And, without this, it is hard to imagine the existence of the internet-driven digital world.
Just like millions of enterprises around having their mobile app available, if you too look for a superior mobile product, then first consider the legality involved.
What is the Mobile App Legality?
Most people care about the astonishing features, robust development, security, and enhanced UI/UX of the app. But only a few give equal emphasis to legal requirements of the application strictly related to the protection of information, right to app usage, and more.
Thus, it is important for you to consider the legal elements involved in the process of the native Android app development process to avoid security and information loopholes.
So, let’s focus on the given list of Android app legal points.
Do Follow These 6 Android App Development Legalities
1. Sign a Confidential Agreement
The confidential agreement is meant to protect your Android application from any threat of stealing or distribution of information between two parties and competitors.
In most familiar terms, this agreement is better known as a Non-Disclosure Agreement(NDA). It needs to be signed between you as a mobile app product owner and the Android app development company that you have hired.
NDAs generally restrict the information dissemination of a particular app product or project. After signing this agreement, the mobile app development company makes sure to protect the app’s details confined within the signed partners and your enterprise only.
Best Uses of NDA
1. NDAs protect the confidential information of your application during the development process. It protects the app’s source code, password, business plan or any other important detail.
2. It protects your business to avoid the risk when outsourcing people who have worked with competitors.
3. Maintenance of a secretive mobile app development process.
4. Maintains confidentiality of trade secrets.
Things to Consider While Signing NDA
There are few things you should pay attention to while preparing and signing the Android app NDA before starting the development process.
Understand the Definition of Confidential Information
First and foremost, both parties need to understand what sort of confidentiality is protected under NDA. They should be aware of it before signing the contract.
Here are some of the inclusions of NDA that should not be shared with anyone outside the agreement.
* Financial data
* Marketing data
* Operating information
* Trade data
Also, NDA restricts the usage of information concerning the app.
* Operating methods
* App architecture
* Know the jurisdiction governing the agreement before signing the same.
* Understand the obligations of the parties among which NDA needs to be signed.
* Decide what sort of contractual properties to be included in the contract.
* Define the term of the agreement.
* It is worth mentioning the obligation of a favorable return of app information after the development process.
2. Register as Your Intellectual Property Right
Your application, its information, design, logo, app name, source code, and whatever information and visual is there belong only to you. And, no other third-party or even the mobile app development agency has any right over the same.
Simply to say, all these are your Intellectual Property (IP) rights for which you need to register them as your trademarks, copyright, and protect the app idea.
When you hire Android app developers from a company, they create robust features and visually appealing graphics. All such things are part of your enterprise’s intellectual property rights with having no control of any third-party over the same.
Major Elements of Intellectual Property (IP)
* Copyright: It protects your application’s creative work, source code, and design from unauthorized elements.
* Patents: It protects certain processes, methods and products used in the app development.
* Trademarks: It identifies the source of the original goods or service. Like, your app’s logo, design, features, and visual elements only belong to your enterprise with no control of any third-party entity.
3. See the Jurisdiction
Failure to do the same might get your app blocked or any other possible issue in the long run. The best solution is to get in touch with the legal app expert to understand international laws and regulations.
4. Meet the Requirements of the Android App Store Agreement
Once your application is ready, the next legal point to consider is complying with the app publishing requirements of the Google Play Store.
For this, you must check the guidelines and government distribution formalities at the app store. Majorly, app store guidelines bring special emphasis to your app’s data protection, intellectual property rights, and other major elements to look after.
5. Follow the Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions or better known as Term of Use is a legal agreement between the app user and mobile app developers. It is visible once the user downloads the app and agree to specific requirements like the following:
* How to use the app?
* What constitutes unlawful use of the application?
* Possible consequences of improper use of the app.
* Definition of Controller: Include basic information about your company in the terms and conditions.
* Service Provision: Mention specific usage conditions of the application like age limitation to access the app, deleting the account, termination of the agreement, etc.
* End-User License Agreement: It specific the license agreement that allows you to showcase your application to users.
* Processing of Complaints: Include complaint related information in terms and conditions. More specifically, how to contact you, raise a complaint, and other processes.
Such policies are mandatory to formulated in great detail and in simple language that allow users to understand completely and carefully.
* It must be in place at the beginning of the mobile app development process.
* The policies must be clear, transparent, and easy to understand to avoid any legal hassles.
* It should be readily available when the app is on the app store.
Now, you might get an idea as to how important is to understand the relevance of app development legalities and strictly follow the same. Simply follow the above-mentioned Android app development legal policies to protect the personal interest of users and safeguard your intellectual property rights.
If you need more information on legal and law-related information of Android app, then get in touch with Android Developer company. This company also offers profitable development and mobile app maintenance services under its one-single roof.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is It Mandatory to Follow Legalities of Android App?
Yes, it is mandatory to follow the legal attributes of the app before developing the same and processing it on the respective app store. Meeting legal compliances of the application protects your intellectual property rights, safeguard information, and maintain a trust factor among all the users.
2. What Are the Legal Formalities Involved in Android App Development Process?
There are a plethora of Android app development legalities involved, out of which 6 major ones are mentioned below:
* Intellectual Property (IP) Rights
* Requirements of App Store
* Non-Disclose Agreement (NDA)
3. In How Much Time Android App Can Be Developed?
The cost of developing Android app development depends on manifold factors like the features your need, functionalities, complexities, size of the business, resources required, and more.